I’ve been very clear that I hate shopping. That being said when I do need to buy something I have a few clicks that I always go through to save a little cash. So if you have to shop this holiday season you might as well shop like a champion. Put a sticky note on your computer that says “click through deals” as a reminder to look for additional savings before you buy any presents during the upcoming holiday season. Eventually, it becomes second nature.
This is a plugin that you can add to your browser and whenever you buy anything it alerts you if there is a better deal. Here is a referral link. Once it’s in your browser whenever you are shopping for something you can click the tiny icon and it will look for promo codes. It’s one of the easiest avenues to find a cheaper product. Overall, it’s one of my new favorites when it comes to getting discounts.
One great thing about Rakuten is you click on it then into the store’s website you want. It’s a super easy click to save money on things you were going to buy anyway. I have saved a lot of money at Land’s End and even Amazon.
Camel Camel Camel
Camelcamelcamel.com is fantastic. Often times we buy things we don’t need immediately. This is a great site that allows you to request an email once the item you want at Amazon.com has a lower price. You can also see the fluctuation in prices over the last year.
Ibotta is another good option but you have to use the app, you can’t use it on your pc. I typically use Ibotta only for my groceries and I go through Rakuten for everything else.
Case Study #1:
My daughter needs new pants. I can’t buy her any pants. I have to buy her tall skinny pants. Nothing stays on her little hips. I’ve found Land’s End to be superb for her body type.
- Step 1: Click on Rakuten
- Step 2: Click on Land’s End within the Rakuten website (they often have 2%-4% cashback)
- Step 3: Click on the tiny Honey icon which then activates their best promo code. For instance today I received 50% off my total order.
This is annoying but easily doable to save a little extra money.
Case Study #2:
My son loves magnetic sand. I know that the prices have ranged from $19.99 to $35 over the last year. So, I make sure I don’t buy this sand at its peak price.
- Step 1: Go to Camelcamelcamel.com and submit a request to be emailed when your item is below a certain price point.
- Step 2: Once you are notified go to Rakuten and click on Amazon
- Step 3: Order item at it’s lowest price point and get cashback for going through Rakuten.
Case Study #3
When you go out of town you can plan your outings with Groupon coupons.
- We often will get a Go Card. For example, a 3-day pass for attractions in San Diego Costs $207. This includes a day at Seaworld, this in itself is a discount to do a lot of things.
- Step 1: Set up a Groupon account.
- Step 2: Then Click on Rakuten first.
- Step 3: Click on Groupon within Rakuten to get 4% cash back on your trip.
Disclaimer: there are affiliate links within this post.